Head of Airport Operations & Customer Service (Ground Service)
Exciting opportunity opens with NOVOAIR, a leading airline of the country, for the position of “Head of Airport Operations & Customer Service-(AOCS)”.
Reporting to the Managing Director/Chief Operations officer, the Head of Airport Operation & Customer Service is responsible for ensuring the safe and reliable operational requirements are in place to support the strategic objectives of the Airline.
The Head of AOCS is a key position for our client and a post holder position with Civil Aviation Authority. Responsible for the overall management of the AO&CS department, this role ensures the smooth, safe operation of passenger ground services, ramp operations, and overall ground operations as per the standards of the company and ensuring alignment with the regulatory requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority.
Head AO&CS plays an important role when working with the own departmental team, the Senior Management team as well as with Ground Operation Suppliers. Be committed to providing great service to all of its internal as well as external customers and he/she will play a key role in ensuring airline commitment is met by communicating to all level within the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Ground Operations activity across the company.
- Ground Operations Post holder in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority regulations.
- Lead and manage the implementation of passenger ground services as per the standards set by the company.
- Implementation and monitoring of ramp operations standards.
- At all times ensure Ground Operations are working as per the set safety and security standards of the company and Civil Aviation Authorities.
- Coordinate ground operations work with all relevant departments of the company ensuring ground operations is well incorporate with the marketing team, engineering and flight operations teams.
- Hire, retain, and manage a ground operations team of employees at all stations.
- Contract, monitor and oversee Ground Operations suppliers at all services airports to ensure they are delivering high service standards in accordance with the contract.
- Prepare, get approved, and manage a budget for the department and per station to ensure cost effective services.
- Ensure Service Level commitments are signed with suppliers and that their performance is then monitored, tracked and reported.
- Review, develop, and ensure fully updated set of Ground Ops manuals, Standard Operating Procedures, and Cargo manuals are produced, maintained and controlled.
- Conduct audit check at ground handling facilities and handling procedures.
- Ensure all personnel has the required initial and recurring training, all training records are current and that encouragement is given to enhance know-how, safety and all aspects of the department operation.
- Ensure to work in line with the handling agreements signed with third parties and help control the ground services standard to meet the requirement of handling agreements.
- Required to traveling to each station as necessary.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree from a reputed university.
- Minimum 10 (ten) years’ experience in the field of Ground Operations, of which minimum 03 (three) years’ in a senior management position.
- Proven experience to manage a diverse workforce.
- Experienced in managing a distributed team.
- Proven experience demonstrating organizational & project management skill.
- Experience in setting up and managing stations across different countries, both with own stations and outsourced.
- Knowledge in use of computers and Microsoft Office Management Package.
- Proficiency in English (Written & Spoken).
- Ability to Lead, Motivate and Coordinate Team Work and Efforts.
- Developed problem solving, decision making skill, integrity, discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Good interpersonal & Social Skills.
April 21, 2017.
Candidates are requested to send their complete Resume with 01 (one) copies of recent passport size photograph with mentioning the position on top of the envelope at the below-mentioned company address before April 27, 2017.
Address: NOVOAIR Limited, House-50, Road-11, Block-F, Banani, Dhaka-1213.
|Job Category||Airport Operations & Customer Service (AOCS)|